A couple weeks ago I wrote about slowing down when trying to do things around the house. Yes, it is important to remember that with three little ones, I cannot go at the same speed I used to without kids.
However, I still have a house to manage and clean. And about a billion toys to keep putting away! So, while going at a much slower speed with a great deal more to manage with multiple kids, how do you get it all done?!
Never fear, here are some of my tips that help me get a few things done around the house without living in a complete pigsty! (Even though there are those days where I really believe we do live in one!) This is how I manage to get it all done day in and day out. Below are links to a few articles I’ve written and a few other great tips from other mommas out there.
- Having a simple routine. You have to be realistic about what you can really achieve in one day. And our routine is still sometimes a bit lofty for us!
- Cleaning once a month. This is our new cleaning routine, because honestly that’s all I’ve been able to do since having our 3rd child. It’s not as crazy as it sounds. Really!
- Freezer cooking once a week . I don’t make a day of it but usually spend an hour or so a week making a few things to put into the freezer for later. Or I make a double batch of dinner one or two nights and freeze the rest for another night.
- Asking for help often. Sometimes the only way I can get the house cleaned is if my in-laws take the girls for the day. I’ve learned that it takes more than just me to really get it all done now!
- Using time wisely. I need to be reminded of this daily. The days that I feel lazy and am loose with my time, are the days where I don’t get anything done. Having these days every once in a while is not a bad thing, but I try to not make a habit of it. Easier said then done, right?
These are just a few of the many things that make it a bit easier for me to get things done around our house with three little kids in tow. I’d love for you to share your tips below!
What helps YOU get things done at home?Linking to Women Living Well Wednesdays and Works For Me Wednesdays.