I know I’ve been doing a lot of posts about children. I am in total nesting mode with less than a month left for baby #3. So, I’ve been trying to get things done now that I won’t be able to do later. And get things done that will help me out once little Hayleigh is here and I will officially have 3 children under age 3!
Meals are one thing you can really prepare ahead for that will make things easier once your baby arrives. I’ve done a lot of freezer cooking and make ahead meals for dinner and breakfast. But when it comes to lunch, I usually just open the fridge and grab whatever is easiest.
However, some days I am at a loss of what to give the girls. That’s why I decided to come up with a Lunch List that I can refer to when need be. This list will also come in handy when people are watching the girls and need to feed them. So here it is…
- Peanut Butter & Jelly Uncrustables (homemade in freezer; leave out to thaw)
- Ham & Cheese tortillas (microwave for 1 min.)
- Veggie pasta with lunch meat and shredded cheese, warmed
- Grilled cheese with lunch meat (add pineapple… a favorite!)
- Chicken BBQ pizzas (wheat pitas topped w/ honey BBQ, chicken and cheese, warmed)
- Oatmeal with drizzle of honey and sprinkle of cinnamon
- Tuna & cheese crackers
*Serve with small side of fruit and water.
These lunch meals are pretty easy and self-explanatory. I usually have all these ingredients on hand either in the freezer, pantry or fridge.
This list is very simple yet I know will make those crazy newborn days less hectic and more survivable!Linking to Works for Me Wednesdays Photo Credit