What a Publix trip last night! Hubby and I went after our movie (cool date, huh… movie and grocery shopping!) so I felt a bit rushed. We each did a transaction because our Sunday paper came with $5/30 Publix coupons on the front!
I was really excited for such a good sale right before Hayleigh comes. I don’t plan on doing much shopping the first month she is here (with newborn survival stage and all ).
Here is the breakdown of our 2 transactions together:
(4) Sorrento Mozzarella 16 oz. (BOGO 4.49) – $1/1 (x4)
(2) Nivea for Men Body Wash (3.29 sale) – $3/1 (x2)
(2) Sorrento Ricotta *huge tub! (2/$5) – $1/1 (x2)
(12) Propel Zero 24 oz. (2/$1) – $1/2 (x6)
(4) Dole Pineapple in 100% juice (BOGO 1.69) – $0.50/2 (x2)
(4) Smart Balance Spread 2pk (BOGO 3.19) – $1/2 (x2)
$1.10/2pk *love this kind!
(6) Birdseye Frozen Vegetables (50% off – $0.90 on sale) – $1/3 (x2)
(13) Kraft Natural Shredded Cheese (3/$5) – $1/1 (x1) + $1/2 x6
$0.66/each and $1.16/each
*I had one $1/1 Kraft Touch of Philadelphia Cheese coupon
(1) Mounds Candy Bar ($0.79)
*Treat for Bryan’s mom for babysitting so last minute
-$5/30 Publix coupon (x2)
Now, I did have one issue. I was in such a rush, that I grabbed 2 wrong sizes for the Sorrento Mozarella, so they didn’t ring up BOGO. We ended up going back to customer service to exchange and got back cash. But hubby is a math whiz and figured out how much we spent, grocery worth, and total savings.
However, I only remember the total savings… which was 82%. I think we spent $30 out of pocket but then got back $5 and change at customer service. I believe for at least $125 worth of groceries. Plus, we used gift cards to pay for both transactions, so we didn’t spend any of our grocery cash for the week!
Which is awesome, because I am headed back out tonight to stock up on some things I didn’t get a chance to grab. This time without hubby. I love him but I feel rushed with him. And when I feel rushed, I do not do well grocery shopping. Come back later to see more of my Publix savings!*My coupon match ups were done over at Addicted to Saving and Passionate Penny Pincher.
Linking to Friday Finals at Southern Savers and Weekly Totals at I Heart Publix