An essential part of using weekly grocery sales to menu plan is finding recipes to go along with all that sale food you are stocking up on! When you don’t have a plan for all that food, it tends to go to waste. Every week this is what I sit down to do:
- Scan the weekly ads.
- Make a list of sale items to buy.
- Jot down recipes I know that use those sale items. Or use the sites below.
- Add any additional ingredients I need to get.
- Check my pantry to make sure I’m not buying anything extra I don’t need.
- Compile my coupons and shop!
My Favorite Recipe-Finding Tools:
- All Recipes – Here you can enter in the ingredients you would like to use, then the site gives a list of recipes to choose from. Make sure to read the reviews, as they give great ways to tweak the recipes.
- HeavenlyHomemakers – I stumbled upon this blog recently and am in love! The site is filled with wholesome recipes made from scratch but done easily!
- Better Homes & Garden – You can use their site or I highly recommend the cookbook to have on hand. Since I do not have much of a cooking background, this book has been essential in teaching me the basics while providing great recipes that are easy to follow and taste delicious!
*Once I find a recipe that works for me and my family, I make sure to add it to my Family Favorite Recipes book ring, which is a great tool in finding recipes to match weekly sales.
I know menu planning can be just one more thing you have to do. Believe me, I know. But from my experience, it will save you time and money!