I bought a lot more than what you see below this week. But it was for a cute little girl’s first birthday party. Hayleigh’s birthday party!! I can’t believe my little one is turning ONE! Ack, the time sure does goes fast!!
Aside from the basics and meat (which I have to go get in the morning at the market), we really didn’t need much this week. Thus, making it not very hard on the wallet when I had to buy food for the party next weekend.
The girls and I went to Aldi and Costco, spending $17. 68 and $53.33 respectively. If you want the breakdown, I got it for you below.
- 2 Cucumbers ($0.50 each)
- Navel Oranges, 4 lb. bag ($1.39)
- Pita Chips ($1.99) *for hubby because he love the ones I bought from Publix last week. These actually taste pretty good too!
- Marshmallows ($0.99) *for the party
- Rice Snacks ($1.99) *snack for the girls since we were out during snack time
- Sweet Potatoes ($1.99)
- 2 heads of lettuce ($1.19 each)
- White Chocolate Baking Chips ($1.79) *for the party
- Vanilla cookies ($1.69) *for the party
- Roast beef lunch meat, 7 oz. ($2.49)
If you couldn’t tell, we are doing a “sweets & treats” dessert buffet. I bought a bunch more sweets than what you see above at Walmart. I also plan on making my own sweets to add to the buffet!
- Disney Mickey chicken nuggets, 5 lbs. ($11.99) *for the party, the bag last week disappeared!
- Organic Broccoli ($5.99)
- Bananas, 3 lbs. ($1.39)
- Egglands Best Eggs, 18 ct. ($2.99)
- Organic Animal Crackers ($9.49) *for the party
- Canned Green Beans, 10 lbs. ($3.05)
- Canned Crushed Tomatoes, 10 lbs. ($2.99)
- Canned Pineapple ($4.65)
- Silk Almond Milk, 3pk of 64 oz. ($7.79)
- 2 All beef hot dog meals with drinks ($1.50 each) *not pictured, split and devoured
Why have I never seen the HUGE cans of fruits and veggies before at Costco?? The prices are incredible!! I’d like for the girls to eat fresh, but they prefer canned green beans and pineapple. And the price just can’t be beat! I am hoping to use up the pasta in my pantry, so the huge can of crushed tomatoes should make a huge batch of red sauce!
Any special grocery finds this week? Share with us below!
Linking to Friday Finals at Southern Savers, Weekly Totals at I Heart Publix, Photo Show & Tell at Addicted to Saving, Super Savings Saturday at Money Saving Mom and Shopping Superstars at The Thrifty Mama.