This week I was able to run out grocery shopping while my mother-in-law watched the girls at home. It is so much easier and quicker shopping without children! I hit up four stores in two hours. Here’s what I have to show from it.
- Gerber mesh feeding ring ($3.00) -$1/1 = $2.00
- Gerber pack of spoons ($2.69) -BOGO coupon = FREE!
- Archer Farms Organic Whole milk ($3.79)
Total = $6.19
- Almond Milk, 3pk 64 oz. ($7.79)
- Eggland Best Eggs, 18 ct. ($2.79)
- Disney Chicken Nuggest, 5 lbs. ($11.99)
- Bananas, 3 lbs. ($1.39)
- Organic Spinach, 1 lb. ($4.49)
- Organic Tortilla Chips ($5.29)
- Chicken Salad, 2 lbs. ($12.57)
Total = $47.19
My Costco trip was a bit high this week because I splurged on a couple items for company we had coming over. The chicken salad and chicken nuggets were my splurges. But because I did so well at Publix (see below), I stayed under my $80 budget for the week!!
- 2 Crusty 5 Grain Bread Baton ($1.29) – $1/1 coupon wyb Kraft cheese x2 = $0.29 each
- Lettuce head ($1.49) – $1/1 coupon wyb Kraft cheese = $0.49 each
- Banana ($0.27) – $1/1 coupon wyb Kraft cheese = FREE + overage
- 2 Clif Crunch granola bars, 10pk. (2/$5) – $1/1 coupon x2 = $1.50 each
- 2 Kraft Cheese block, 8 oz. ($1.75)
- 2 Kraft Sliced cheese ($1.50)
- 3 Silk Fruit & Protein drinks, 1 qt. ($2.00) – $1/1 coupon x3 = $1.00 each
- 2 Alexia Sweet Potato waffle fries ($3.00) – $1/1 coupon x2 + $0.75 Publix coupon x2 = $1.25 each
- Sea Salt Pita Chips ($2.99) – $2/1 Publix Deli item = $0.99 each
- Hawaiian Sandwich Rolls, 4pk. ($2.99) – $2/1 Publix Deli item = $0.99 each
- 2 Shell Gas cards ($25.00) – $10 wyb $25 in groceries = $20 each
After a $5/30 Winn Dixie coupon, my total was $52.30, which included the two $25 gas cards! Hubby took $50 out of the gas fund for the gas cards, so I really only spent $2.30 for all of my groceries!! And I saved $42.84!! Not sure if I figured the percentage right, but I am pretty sure I saved 95%!
I also ran by the bread outlet and paid $2.07 for 3 loaves of Nature’s Pride whole wheat bread, not pictured.
This week I managed to stay $20 under my grocery budget, which never happens! But I am really trying to get better about not grabbing every deal and buying only what we will really use and need.
Any fun grocery deals this week? Share with us below!
Linking to Friday Finals at Southern Savers, Weekly Totals at I Heart Publix, Photo Show & Tell at Addicted to Saving, Super Savings Saturday at Money Saving Mom and Shopping Superstars at The Thrifty Mama.